Pages

Monday 7 November 2011

Prada Candy: Fragrance Review

I very rarely find a perfume I like. When I find a good'un I tend to stick to it which typically results in me wearing the same fragrance for years on end. This obviously isn't a good tactic as after a while your nose adjusts to the same scent and you end up never being able to smell it (and where's the fun in that right?!).

To date my favourite fragrances are Vera Wang Princess, Anna Sui Dolly Girl and bizarrely Burberry Classic (I inherited this from my younger sister and I ended up liking it an awful lot!). To those out there who are familiar with the scents I listed above you'll probably start to understand the type of fragrance I like; girly and sweet. A lot of perfumes on the market aren't as sweet as Vera Wang Princess or Anna Sui Dolly Girl - I'm pretty sure this was discontinued anyway, such a shame - which makes perfume shopping that bit more difficult for those on the hunt for something a little sugary.

That was - until my recent trip to Italy. Waiting at the airport in Rome (great Duty free area here by the way girls!) I stumbled upon the new Prada perfume 'Candy'. I was instantly excited by the name as I love sweet scents - and I was not disappointed.



Described as an 'elegant mix of musks in the top, a sensual balsamic vanillic accord of benzoin in the heart and sweet modern caramel in the base of the fragrance' - this scent is perfect for those who love vanilla scents (if you like Princess, then I'm pretty sure you'll love this!). The packaging is sleek with a slight vintage feel and really stands out from the perfume-bottle crowd. In sum - I love it, and my boyfriend does too! Will it replace my beloved Vera Wang scent... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment